Welcome to Auntie Week!

Welcome to Auntie Week!

This week we are dedicating all of our posts to Aunties!  We love our Auntie’s the most, Most, MOST.  
Aunties are special creatures sent to earth to spoil their nieces and nephews with extra love and treats.  Auntie’s kiss boo boos and teach you about Disney World. Auntie’s house is where you have your first sleepover, and eat pancakes as soon as you wake up.  Auntie’s sneak you the extra cookie, and Auntie’s teach you how to navigate Westfarms Mall like the boss lady that you know you are (or was that just my Auntie?)… Auntie’s only have one name, like Cher, Madonna, & Adele.  Auntie’s are your AuntieMommy.  :o)

I myself am not an actual Auntie, but I like to consider myself a “fauntie”.  This is a term used lovingly in our family and literally just means “fake auntie”.  It was a silly way to describe the bond between Colin and his much older cousins, and it just sort of stuck.  It can also relate to non-family members who are close to our babies… but I’m quite sure we're the only weirdo’s who use this term of endearment.  You should have heard some of the other combination of “cousin” and “auntie” that we came up with…. none of which are appropriate to print here… just ask Faunite Lea.  :)

So, while I may have no nieces or nephews, but I have had lots of practice.  In fact, I like to think of myself as the OG Fauntie.  I am much older than the majority of my cousins, like.. I have 15 cousins between 5 and 26 years YOUNGER than I am.  So, I grew up spoiling them, taking them to their many, many, MANY, soccer practices (KRISTINA), and piano lessons (KATIE).... and sneaking them booze and into bars before they were 21 (weird… Joey & Kristina, Jerry & Ernie, I swore I’d never admit to that), Lake Compounce trips, shopping trips, cousin sleepovers, 3 am phone calls, and more recently...countless music videos, selfies, and bar trips.  

And though I’ll never let them forget ALL I have done for them (obviously), I do take my role VERY seriously.  

This week isn’t about me though…(tricked ya, didn’t I!?)  This week is about the Auntie’s who mean so much to OUR kids.  The next generation of spoils and memories!
We’ve asked Aunties and Fauntie’s from Lucy, John, and Colin’s lives to talk about what it’s like to be an Auntie.  

I, Amy Lynn, have taken on the responsibility of facilitating this cry LOVE  fest for you all so all you have to do is click and read.  Oh, you don’t think you’re going to weep along with me?  No tears of joy, no moments of YES, I’ve felt that… you have no heart strings for us to pull?  You are a LIAR.   

So buckle up, grab your reading glasses and maybe some popcorn, because it’s about to get all kinds of AUNTIE up in here.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom