Put it in the books

It has been one of those weeks when every night I breathe and say, "I survived."

Nothing specific happened, I am just drained.

Take that back.  I made a student cry, twice, in class on Tuesday.  I felt so bad (even though he was the one totally in the wrong) that I called home, talked to mom and eventually I was the one that apologized.

So there was that.  Then also, it's December 2nd and I haven't purchased any presents.

So there's that too.


PS Colleen Here
Was about to write about surviving this week too.  Amy and I are normally on the same wavelength, but this week it is unreal.  I almost cried in class this week.  Let's get real - I did.  The weird thing is I didn't even feel it coming - it just did.  My voice cracked and my eyes watered.  I got that weird look from kids like, "shit this teacher is really going to lose it."  I recovered and journeyed on - that's what we do.  The best part is that Amy and I will probably benefit from these outbursts.  We probably bought ourselves a few days a day of peace.  Well worth it.  
PPS  One ornament down, 100 to go.  I feel kind of like that missing eyeball with no home.  WTF am I even doing this week?

PPPS I too am feeling the holiday crunch.  Any teacher I was able to say more than "hi" to today mentioned the same sentiments.  Christmas is the most joyous time of year that also makes us want to jump off a cliff.  My kids are "meeting" Santa two times this weekend.  I am shopping for four gifts for Santa to magically gift them.  Oh, I'll wrap them too.

Thanks Santa.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom