#MCM Auntie Style

This pretty much sums up what it's like to be an aunt: flying high in the sky without a care in the world.  Two kids holding tightly to you and looking into your eyes with amazement.  "Auntie is the best."

We often recognize super famous women and then realize that we don't have to go too much further than our own circle of family and friends.  Amy and I both come from a family full of truly amazing women. Although they are not our moms (we love you moms), aunts have proven to be very pivotal in our lives.   After giving birth and making our own sisters (and cousins and friends) aunts, we realized the true magnitude an aunt can have on a person.

Without my aunts I wouldn't be able to:
  • dance with no inhibitions
  • fully understand where I come from
  • see my potential
  • see what a badass, strong woman is capable of in this world
  • drink and gossip in an extremely appropriate manner
  • have the relationships I do with my cousins
  • learn the true worth of drinking coffee in the morning and at night
  • appreciate and work at female bonds
  • have as much fun at family functions
  • look forward to vacation every year, because it wouldn't be the same
  • feel all warm inside when they notice you did something good


So you see, they basically impacted my whole life.

We love you #aunties.  I love being an #auntie.  #Aunties change the world.   




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom