Stay-at-Home Mom Crush

Just wanted to take a minute to admire stay-at-home moms.  I have the kids for 2 solid weeks and I couldn't wait.  I have them every vacation and summer and every minute I can get, but it has been awhile since I have had them for this many consecutive days without having to go to work.  Even though my job is hard - 150+ teens and the baggage that comes along with that - there are also built-in breaks throughout the day.  I have a set 45 minute lunch and a plan period.  I spend both of these in almost complete silence.  It's not that I want to be anti-social it's that those precious moments are the only time that I get to stop talking and listening to others.  "Me-time".  Not to mention there are some days when the kids are so good - no drama, no whining, just honest-to-God "need-to-learn" behavior. Those days make it all worth it - the gentle reminder of why it's "ok" to work while my kids are elsewhere.

You don't get quiet-time when you are home with the kids.  I suppose during nap time I do, but there is no guarantee the kids are going to go down at exactly the same time and I never have any idea how long it will last.  Can I fit a work-out in?  Yes, maybe, let's just get it started - oh wait the baby is up.  Should I try to clean out a closet?  Yes, definitely, let's do this - oh shit something fell and Lucy is up.

It's always a gamble.








Today we have played with Christmas toys, taken a walk in the woods, went on a brief (grass) sled ride, went to the library, got coffee and munchkins, used crayons/glitter pens markers and play-dough, read books and snacked.

It's 11:30 am.

My husband (who is home this week too) wants to know what we are doing this afternoon.  I haven't a f-ing clue!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom