Christmas Aftermath

My THREE kids.
Our Christmas was nothing short of magical, as I hope yours was too.  After five family visits, a trailer full of presents, way too many cookies, wrapping paper, boxes, chocolate and more, we are so fulfilled - spilling over really.  Add in one sick child (as we are starting to learn is the "new normal") and another holiday is in the books.

Jerry and I spent much of the last two days organizing gifts.  We put together some, hid others for those January-February blues and tried to purge some old toys.  Even thought it's hard for us both we chose this weekend to be a "chill" weekend.  No big plans for us, just relaxing, playing, watching movies (or you know like 5-10 minutes of a movie) and recharging for the week.  The kids are currently in the midst of a 3 hour nap - a post Christmas miracle.

I tried to remind myself numerous times that the magic that is Christmas won't last like this forever.  Eventually the kids won't believe in Santa and they will want phones instead of mickey mouse stuffed animals.

I am looking forward to a long vacation and will be posting some insights on being a temporary stay-at-home mom.  I do not anticipate it being easy, but I can't wait!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom