Auntie Week - Tuesday - Auntie Sara

Auntie Sara

Introduction: 
Let's just say this... I remember very little of the hours after Colin was born, I remember a lot of commotion, and the feeling that there had been a shift in my soul.. but one thing I remember being very clear was that I was in a hospital room surrounded by my family and I remember seeing my sister, and introducing her to Colin.  
She had become an Auntie, and I was sooooooooooooo jealous!  :o)   
-Amy



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Little DupDup

By Sara Fabrizio

Is there anything more perfect than this moment?!

 

When I found out my sister and brother-in-law were  going to have a baby, I knew it was going to be amazing, and I knew I would love this baby more than anything.  How cool!! I’m going to be an aunt! It was a crazy thought and I was, to put it mildly, VERY excited.  After what seemed like an eternity, the day finally arrived!  Baby Colin made his dramatic entrance into the world, and we finally got the green light that we could go in and see him. Now, you always hear people say “Being a parent is so amazing, it’s an indescribable feeling” or “I didn’t know how much I could love until I had my children”.  I was not prepared for what I was about to experience.  I walked into my sister’s hospital room, and there he was…This perfect little angel of a baby boy.  They put him in my arms for the first time and I nearly crumbled to the floor. My nephew. Colin Patrick Hayes. The world’s most perfect little boy and no one will ever convince me otherwise.  My heart was melting, exploding, and bursting into confetti all at the same time.  How could I love someone more than life itself? It’s inexplicable, but it happened. In an instant. Love at first sight. I was not prepared to feel all this, but my life was forever changed and in the best way possible.

Colin is now a whole year and 3 months and has turned into the cutest, sweetest, funniest little person. I love seeing his personality grow, and how his face lights up when he sees me because he now recognizes me! I love how he wobbles around a little more certain of his steps every day.  I live for his giggle and hugs and kisses.  I love how he really looks at his books and babbles his way through each page as if he is just saying the words written on the page in another language.  His dup dup song is my all time favorite.  I can’t wait to see him grow more, and I am not prepared for the emotional mess I will be when he says my name for the first time and can say “I love you” back.  He’s my littlest love and fills my heart so completely.  Amy, Kristina (Fauntie Slamber) and I joke about who he loves the most (it’s me), but in having many aunts ourselves, we know, you love them all the same! I am so thankful and feel like the luckiest person in the world that I get to be Colin’s Auntie. Thank you Colin, for the light and love you brought to our whole family. But most of all, thank you for teaching me how to Auntie.

With Love, Auntie Sara




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom