Christmas Competition

There are so many wonderful things to do with kids around this time of year.  Here in New England there are light displays, breakfast/brunch/lunch/dinner/grocery store/touch-a-truck with Santa, Christmas festivals, fairs, ice skating - the list goes on and on and on.  With the weather completely cooperating it has been so nice to fit so many wonderful Christmas miracles in for my kids.

For the most part I think it is just Christmas joy spreading to all.  Yet, lately I have found myself getting swept up in the competition of it all.

Are my kids seeing Santa enough (I feel like four times is enough, but is it?).  We went to Hubbard Park to see the lights, but if we don't get to Hartford are we still good?  Like 10 people have told me to go to Lake Compounce to see the lights and festival, but what if we don't make it?  I am avoiding the mall on purpose, but is that depriving them of that "holiday chaos" experience?

The constant posts on Facebook and instagram are enough to give me anxiety. Full disclosure, I perpetuate it myself.

 When John John got sick over Thanksgiving I felt the world crashing down on me.  The first question that came to my mind was, "what did I do wrong that allowed him to get this sick?"  One thing that came to mind was the "doing it all mentality".  My kids are 2 and 1...do they really need to do everything or at a certain point is it more just for Jerry and me?  Is it more just to do it because it's available?

Is it more just do do it because everyone else is?

Hard questions - means I'll have to self-reflect.  I'll make time for that in my busy schedule...

Anyone else feeling the holiday pressure?  Hope I am not alone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom