In a Holidaze

It's been a crazy week at our house.  The week before Christmas always gets me.  Every year I tell myself that I should have started shopping in July!, and around Thanksgiving I know that I should have definitely already started... and this year... I didn't start shopping until last week!

How is that even possible.  How did I let to much time pass without buying fun things for my friends and family.  I felt like last week, when I spent NO time with my little boy and the majority of the time stressing about work, and presents that I was the true embodiment of a Mommy under stress.  I KNOW I was not at my finest in the classroom or at home.  I was in a "Holidaze".

On top off the regular stress of the holiday season, this has been a hard year with the loss of my Grandfather and more recently, Brian's Nana .

There has been more than one time where I picked up the phone to call my Grandpa to get his opinion on something........ only to stop myself a split second later.
I actually even called the house once when I knew no one was home just to hear his voice on the answering machine.

So honestly, this year has been hard.  My writing has slacked off because it is hard to write.... but I'm making many positive memories, loving my students who are hilarious and make me laugh every day. I am LOVING Colin's obsession with Elmo... he really really really love him.  I EVEN love our dead as a door nail Christmas tree!  (It has refused to suck up any water.... so we actually can't even go near it because it sheds so much!).

I'm taking my Holidaze and putting it in time out!
Today is my favorite day of the school year!  We have our annual "Festivus Pep Rally"  and I can't wait to surprise our students with my epic rap battling skillllllz!  I can't wait for Colin to see his presents from Santa... and I SERRRRRRRRRRRIOUSLY can't wait for Christmas Breakfast!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom