Auntie Week - Thursday - Kristina

Fauntie Stina

Introduction: 
Kristina was my first "niece".  She arrive from Greece wide eyed, tanned, and perfect.  I took her to soccer practices, we had picnics in the backyard, snow days on the couch, and she provided the most EPIC entertainment at my bachelorette party!  But, as fun as that all was, I was not HALF the Fauntie that she is to Colin.  I feel lucky every second of the day that he has Fauntie Stina in his life.  A funny, silly, happy, and perfect Fauntie.  :o)   
-Amy



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fauntie

By Kristina 'Stina' Soultatos





While uncontrollably laughing about nonsense and stuffing our faces with Chinese food, Amy came up with the brilliant idea of having me (her amazing cousin) and Sara write a blog about how awesome it is being Colin’s aunties. 

Sleeping soundly during a nap time
walk on my first Auntie Sleepover!
Yes, even though I get mistaken for Amy or at times Sara, I am technically not Colin’s aunt, and am just their cousin. However, how close we are it only seemed right to be promoted to “fauntie” (fake auntie). 
Funny story about that, my first encounter with Colin and a very emotional Amy, was when I went to the hospital and stood beside him and the first thing Amy said was, “Colin, meet Fauntie Slamber.” Even in such a breathtaking moment Amy managed to have half a dozen family members completely hysterical.  

Ever since that moment, that has been my name. I am the fauntie… A title I take very seriously I might add. Like Amy and Colleen I am also a teacher, however I decided to work with children under the age of 10… yikes. But, the great thing about my job is that it is about a three minute drive from the Hayes household. So it has become a tradition since last year, that every Tuesday after work I go over for some serious gossip time, along with tons of Colin snuggles, cheerio explosions, Daniel Tiger binge watching, and the night usually always ends with sushi and Brian telling us we are too loud. It is honestly one of my favorite days of the week, a night off from grad school, no work meetings, just toddler snuggles, and fun.


#twinning as on Halloween
I thought when Brian and Amy announced that they were having a baby that everything would completely change. And even though it did, I can’t imagine not having this boy in our lives. I love pulling up to their driveway and seeing his little body start dancing because he
recognizes me and is ecstatic to see me, such a warm happy feeling. Every time I see him he has mastered a new skill, or is saying new words, and is constantly growing! 

But seriously Colin, stop growing…I love his fascination with books and reading, and his constant desire to learn. Colin Patrick Hayes, I love you to the moon and back… RAWRRRR 


With Love, 

Fauntie Slamber/Auntie Stina






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom