The Joy of Stickers

TEASER:  
FRIENDSSSSSS!  We have a mini milestone approaching and we are getting excited!

--------------------------------------------------------------------



Since I talked about Toddler distractions Activity ideas in my my previous posts, I thought maybe I would share a one fun idea we've been doing a lot of lately!  :o)  




Stickers:
Actually, this one goes along with my previous post perfectly... I definitely thought Colin was was to young to handle stickers... He puts EV-er-Y-THING in his mouth...

I miss Lisa Frank!
I need these stickers!
But when got a little sticker book from Colin's bff at daycare, as a Christmas "present", I thought, why not just try!  Also, let's be honest..  I think this present was more of a peace offering... These two boy are the same size, and they can handle the rough and tough side of being boys.. :o)

The Verdict:
COLIN LOVED IT.  He used every single sticker in one sitting.  He stayed in one place.  He loved putting them on Brian and me...   He also realllllllllllly loved sticking them to the floor and the furniture.  We thought it was hillllllllarious at first.  Look how cute he is!  He is so smart!  OMG he can really do it!  Ohhhh it's so funny when he sicks them all in the same place...  Then we got distracted when all the stickers ran out and forgot about the stray ones, and now we can not get two of the stickers off our one last piece of "nice" furniture.

---------

Monday I dug out a pile of sticker I got from the Dollar Spot at Target (aka my favorite section).  The stickers sucked... they were cut all wrong (I should have known 500 stickers for $1 was too good to be true) and I basically just ripped them to give Colin!  You all know the struggle of the after school hours BEFORE dinner.... it's a long stretch... but when, we sat and played I saw a sweet, loving, and happy baby boy.  Not the Cranky, Smells like Daycare, Give me my dinner and my Milk little boy that I usually end up with.

 I chalk this one up to a WIN!


'til next time.......


I'm going to try my hand at making my own play dough.. it takes like three ingredients (I think, I just googled it... I'm going to try the recipe from: THIS link.
Is it worth it?  I guess we'll find out... I'll have to video tape the "experiment" and you'll all be able to see for yourselves!   I just figure if he's going to end up eating it  (cuz DUH every kid eats playdough) then at least it'll be made of "food")






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom