Judgey Eyes.

Let it be know that TODAY is the day I was barfed on in Target.

I wasn't even going to go... but my period 6 class has been awesome (they're my secret favorite class right now), and I wanted to make them a sweet treat to enjoy while I torture them with a Poetry test.

Part I
Picking up Colin isn't usually that big a deal (sigh), he refuses to put on his coat, screams all the way out the door, but once we are getting in the car he's excited to hear his songs and get home to Dada.  TODAY however, he also decided he was going to REVOLT upon seeing his car seat.  I'm fine with that.  I usually let him settle down, I don't force it (usually).  I just sort of try and bribe him into his seat, and hope it doesn't take too long.  Today, for some reason, he lost his damn mind.    
What bothered me about this situation was NOT Colin... it was was the other mom in the parking lot with me at that moment.  Nowww I do not have ESP, I do not know what she was ACTUALLY thinking, but I saw her eyes.  Her JUDGEY, unhelping eyes.  I only saw it because I looked up from my screaming angel for a moment and our eyes met through my car window.  She had pulled in, picked up her child from day care, came out, buckled her sweet little boy in, and was walking to the drivers side door ALL during Colin's meltdown.  SHE was judging.
This enraged me.  I don't know why....  Aren't we all supposed to be in this together.  Aren't our children in the same day care... we have commonalities.  
I wanted to cry. 
I honesty have nothing else to say about the situation except that it was a low moment. 



Part II
  TARGET. 
Pre-Barf  & Post-Meltdown.
 I picked up my rice crispie treat supplies, got bubble bath and stickers for Colin, and was heading to the check out line.  A lovely Target employee saw me Colin and I, winked and waved me over to her line... THIS IS A MIRACLE!  She turned her light on just as I was rounding the corner... annnnnnnnd SPLAT, and small (evil) woman with three adult children in tow CUT ME OFF.  They did not have a cart, they did not have a child, they just had arm loads of crap that they threw down on the register.  Lovely Target employee looked at them horrified and props to her, she tried to say that she was going to take me next.... but this woman and her ADULT CHILDREN were oblivious.  I just waved off the nice cashier and moved to the next line.  
Just as I was finished placing my last item on the converter, Colin takes his beautiful, sweet, big blue eyes looks up at me, says "Mama"  and BARFS.    
Yep.. he Barfs.  On me, on him, on the floor, on his coat. 
There was no warning, there was no scream, just a stream of barf.   
I was completely unprepared for his moment.  I had nothing to clean it up with... so I used my scarf.  :(  

It was a low point.

P.S.  he seems totally fine... I think it was just a random act of vomit... 

 


Part III
All I can do is laugh.... it was a crazy evening... at the end of a crazy week.  But you know what, we survived.  Colin was completely unfazed by any of the happenings of this week, this afternoon, this DAY... and giggled his way through play time and dinner and bath and bedtime.....  Now, let's just PRAY he sleeps through the night.. 





 




Comments

  1. Kathy and Grammie want to put clothes him up from daycare...barf and all. Grammie is out sick tomorrow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom