Survive/Enjoy

How many of us have New Years Resolutions?  

Resolutions are HARD... specifically if you have to tell people about them.  I once read a study that said that even though we THINK telling people about our goals will keep us accountable, it really doesn't change our success rates.  You have to have the true internal desire to really achieve.  Telling people you want to "lose weight" or "read more" will only happen if you make the time for it.

I have struggled with making a resolution since my epic resolution of 2010 (the year I vowed not to listen to Lady Gaga... yup.. THAT was my major problem in 2010... ohhh take me back!!!  I really liked her music, but I was so overloaded.. with her meat dress and weird egg/pod thing.. I Needed A Break...It was a silly resolution, and honestly it was really hard to keep, but I did! no joke... I also hate myself for even admitting to this!  haha)


Last year my resolution was Survive.  Survive Colin's 1st year, Survive the school year, Survive nursing as long as possible, Survive the sleepless nights....... It helped me set short term, attainable goals... I said the phrase "survive" a lot last year.  When the going got tough, I just told myself.. if you can survive this moment, you've succeeded.

This year.... I need a new word.  I no longer feel like I'm treading water, barely keeping my head up... I feel more stable, I feel happier, and content.

So, I'm going to throw my own advice out the window...  This year... this 366 day year in fact (it's a leap year!!)... THIS IS THE YEAR THAT I "ENJOY".   -Enjoy the little moments and not let my anxiety take over...    -Enjoy the silly moments that we sometimes forget to take note of....  -Enjoy my family who is precious and perfect... -Enjoy my friends who I just don't get to see enough...

This is my resolution.  See you in 366 days! :)





Best 9 Photos from Instagram.  Can't wait to see what 2016 brings!







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom