Determined Not to #Momfail

Amy's post reminded me that I have a book that I purchased in preparation for a long, cold winter.  Knock on wood we have been lucky.  The kids and I were outside throughout much of December and only now (Februaryish) do we actually have snow on the ground.  I will take this weather any day.  Flashbacks of last year make me shudder.


Anyways, I bought this book "The Toddler's Busy Book."  I breezed through it when I didn't quite
need it (fall) and then I forgot about it.  It's hard to remember all those good things you do.  Like when I went on a rampage hiding Christmas toys for days in hopes of retrieving them on days that the kids got bored.  I still can't freaking find them all.  When I was pregnant I definitely walked around with my brain not connected to my body.  I thought it was hormonal.  I do similar things now but can't blame it biology..now it's just "mom brain."

I just looked through it again and I am bit relieved because I have done some things with them already.  But I am looking for some stuff that is going to keep my kids occupied (but also near me because I am selfish and I want their love without having to deal with fights or holding them while I am cooking) for that 4:30-5:00 hour.  I also don't want to add to the cleaning that I already have to do.  I also don't want a lot of prep.  I also don't want to have to buy a lot of ingredients.  I also don't want it to be anything that John will eat.  I also want it to be fun.  I also want it to look like I am an awesome, creative mom.

I think I found it:


STICKY FEET:  My next plan is to buy contact paper (they sell that on Amazon right?) and make a whole "carpet runner" out of it.  At first I hope they get a giggle out of stepping on it (and getting stuck?) and then I'll give them all sorts of shit to stick on to it.  Like maybe make a Lucy side and a John side.  Trucks and trains, figurines and ponies?  Could I go as far as putting arts and crafts on there and making a mural?  What about numbers and letters?

The possibilities are endless.  If this project is anything like other projects that I have gotten way too excited about then it will be a disappointment, but a girl can hope right?


Feet painting two weeks ago.  30 minutes prep, 15 minutes of actual activity,
an hour worth of clean up.  Lots of fun though!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom