Taking One for the Team

This is how you know you've got too much going on at one time.

I've written about dinner time before.  I have started to get a handle on it:  I make crock-pots, I cook dinner the night before, I make dinners that are more manageable, I do a lot of leftovers and as usual I often don't eat (well).

Last week I had John John in my arms and we were dancing with Lucy (obviously).  I remembered just at the wrong moment that I had something cooking on the stove top. As I was traveling back to the kitchen we heard Jerry pull up (hallelujah).  My journey to the kitchen to save the bubbling sauce turned into a confrontation with my stubborn pitbull.  What I mean is that I literally walked right into him and he is too sturdy to give way.  I fell face first with the baby just as Jerry walked in.

Shit - he saw it all.

I love it when everything is together - you know the kids quiet, patient, dinner ready on the table.  Instead he heard blaring Taylor Swift, a nearly ruined dinner, a crying baby and a shaken mom.

After determining that the baby was fine, I started to whimper a little.  That freaking hurt.  Jerry seemed unfazed.



Days later my bruise started to take over my entire knee.  I guess it was ok to let out a little cry..I mean I nearly needed it amputated.


WTF does a mom have to do to get a little attention around here?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom