NO...Well, Maybe...

I wrote last week about Lucy telling me "NO" a lot.  I recounted a few embarrassing situations and my fears about fixing the problem and getting my angel back.

Well, strangely enough things have really turned a corner.  Ever since getting back to our old schedule - work, school, nana & memere time and so on things have all calmed down and evened out.  The kids are both FINALLY over colds.  They are back to eating everything in sight and back to playing, giggling and (for the most part) listening to their doting parents.  I guess (like their mother) my kids feed on a pretty strict schedule - with too much free-time they feel uncomfortable.  That coupled with a few new strategies and I feel a bit more in control.

Heard from a couple people that all toddler activity goes in phases.  Sometimes just when you are about to pull your hair out they snap out of it.  I knew this is true, but it's easy to forget when all of a sudden you fear the worst - you are raising a brat.

We just went an entire morning with no "Nos", no demands, no tantrums and no tears (minus the scrapes and bruises that come with every day play).  In other words, Saturday has (thus far) been blissful.

Hoping everyone enjoys this weekend!


P.S. Until the next phase begins, giving everyone hope that life with two toddlers is totally sometimes doable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom