Little Laundry Man


A proud moment.  I FINALLY finished an ENTIRE coloring
page in Colin's super hard coloring book!  Don't be fooled..
Colin helped.. you can see his scribble.   This was what
I did when I was on Colin duty!  Brian was wayyyyy jealous!
 :o)  #momlife 

How do you decide how to "move on" or "move up" with you child's activities??  I always question that... When something works with Colin, Brian and I get kind of obsessed with it too.  Sometimes we forget that he's still growing, and he's constantly changing.

One thing Colin really loves.. for real... is the laundry room and "helping" to fold the laundry.   He mostly unfolds the laundry for us.. but it's the thought that counts right?

So this weekend, thanks to all the snow, Brian and I FINALLY got caught up on all of the laundry.  Mostly Brian (I put myself on Colin duty:  see picture), and mostly because we actually had nothing to wear... like nothing at all. Even Colin... poor kid was wearing mismatched socks to daycare on Friday... 

When I put myself on Laundry duty Colin was watching me put laundry in the washer and dryer I decided to try to let him help.  And I think I honestly felt my heart grow.  I gave him little towels, or one of his shirts that were coming out of the washer, and he put them into the dryer.  Then I gave him other little items, like socks and he put them in the washing machine; we have a front loading washer so it's easy for him to toss it in.

He was so happy to do this, and it kept him busy (YESSSS)!   If you had asked me if he could have done this, I probably would have told you "no way"!  I didn't even realize he was paying that close attention to what I was doing.  He's usually more excited about trying to push the buttons on the washing machine than anything....   So maybe this is just a simple Mom Brag, but I guess I should pay attention to different activitieses that we do with him more often!

Now..... if only I can teach him how to put laundry away... That's for next snow storm!


p.s.  If anyone has any cool Toddler Activies, I'd love to hear them!  I try and do different stuff all the time... and I'm constantly looking online at ideas... just wondering what your kids liked, because my brain is fried lately!! :o)





Comments

  1. He can come to my house and vacuum the rugs and swiffer the floors

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom