Winter is Coming

Rather, winter has already been here, it just took till February for it to actually be painful.

This weekend the temps in CT have been below 0.  So, even though we have been going outside throughout all of January, we have officially made it an indoors weekend here.  I'll be honest, even the thought of bundling them up for a few minutes of fresh air felt daunting.

Sidenote:  Jerry and I got out this weekend and went to see The Revenant.  It was a beautiful movie (at times) and when I say at times what I really mean is when I was able to actually watch it and not hide my eyes in my scarf it was quite lovely.  It was quite possibly the most graphic movie I've ever seen, but I suppose it was realistic.  It showed one man's survival in arctic cold temperatures (with a broken leg and several exposed wounds).  I guess my point is that if I can't get motivated enough to bundle my kids to get into the car and this guy traveled hundreds of miles on foot (one foot).  I am weak. So weak.

Staying in the house for a couple days can get really boring.  In my classroom when my kids get bored they act out.  They revert to toddler-like behavior.  Well, ah-ha, I have two toddlers of my own and I know they will work the same tactics (attention-getting behavior, whining, etc.).  I didn't want to lose my mind, so I had to plan carefully.

We brought the snow indoors and did art.  This was a BIG hit.  Not too messy, and it kept Lucy busy for a long time.  Mom for the win.





Jerry got the idea of freezing things outside - making big ice-cubes.  I upped the anti by coloring the water and adding figurines.  We are currently freezing Mickey, Minnie and three hot rods.  Add some glitter and you got a hit.  We found our kids literally staring at water freezing over.  Mom and Dad for the win.


I did cheat and go out on Saturday morning with my sister, neice and Nana.  Lucy did Valentine's Day things with Dad (including buying me flowers...Dad for the win).  We went to the West Hartford Children's Museum and it was great for a full hour.  In John-time this is literally the best thing that has ever happened.



I still have a day left of February vacation and I am so grateful.  The past two vacations were ruined with sickness.  This one seems to only be affected by mother nature.  She's not as big of a bitch as she sometimes seems.

Only 5 months left until summer vacation.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I sometimes doubt I can, I think I can, I think I can, I can't do it, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I WILL DO IT BECAUSE I HAVE NO CHOICE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom