Siblings

Just this week I was "tied up."  The kids were not in eye sight, but I heard them.  Then all of a sudden I didn't hear them.  It could've lasted 30 seconds or 5 minutes, I don't remember, but all of a sudden I was like what happened.  Was one of them sitting on the other?  Were they half way up the stairs (in socks)? Were they playing in the bathroom (the worst possible scenario)?



No they were 10 feet away from me and Lucy was reading to John.  By reading I mean explaining the picture (she's smart, but not that smart).  He was sitting in awe of her. (The details of them being only half-clothed and sitting on the ottoman are not important).

I am sure many moms have had these moments.  I have too, but there was something about me not being present while it happened that made it that much more special.  They love each other even when I am not there (hovering).  True siblings.  Sometimes I think back to the time that Jerry and I were struggling to conceive.  I prayed so hard for just one baby...just one.  I swear I'd be happy.


Then John came along.

Swoon.

Also, and not for nothing, the fact that they were entertaining each other (in a safe way) was a beacon of hope for me.  I do want to be with them all the time, but it's nice when I am not doing the thinking/planning/organizing/cleaning, etc.

John, "Mine" Lucy, "I am reading brother" 
No one's judging me that seconds later they ended up looking like this right?  --------->

Also, there is no more photographic evidence of this magical moment because I couldn't take pictures.  They needed help "sharing" and whatever I was doing before needed attention.

I know their journey has just begun.  I have two sisters and years of history (battle scars) to back me up on that, but let me (for a second) revel in natural love at its finest.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom