Spring Fever

 This past week we got a bit of spring fever.  The sun was out, the snow has melted and it was warm enough to go out with less than 10 layers.  For Lucy this means short sleeves and flip-flops.  We negotiated.  Getting to be outside gave me such a breath of fresh air (literally and figuratively).  An hour outside is an hour less inside of destruction, mess, boredom and Dora the Explorer.  I can't wait for when most days are nice and it's the sporadic few that suck. 


February can be a bitch though.  Mid-week our neighborhood was filled with rain, sleet, freezing cold nights and even the loudest, scariest midnight thunderstorm I can remember. 


Desperate times call for desperate measures.  Dinner time circa Thursday (breaking point) I brought the wagon inside and took the kids and all their stuffed friends for rides around the house.  It was enough to keep them busy for 5 minutes and then we had a picnic (food trumps all).

This week brings March and what I hope is an early, lovely spring.


Confession of a New England Mom:  If it's above 40 degrees we will be outside and we will have fun.  I don't care how many bottles of bubbles are spilled and how many times I have to tell you not to pick up and swing that stick.  We are GOING outside!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom