To the Moms of Daughters Who...

To the mom who manages to get her daughter dressed in a coordinated, fitted and ironed outfit every day.  I am in awe.

To the mom who brushes her daughter's hair every morning.  I admire you.

To the mom who gets her daughter's hair into pony tails, pig tails or intricate hair patterns with matching ribbons, clips and bows.  I'm at a loss.

I've been taking notice of you and I need you to spread your knowledge.  I often give myself pats on the back for getting my kids safely and happily to "school" on daycare days and getting to work on time.  For me, this is a major achievement.

Yet....

Just recently I have been taking notice of the other girls at daycare.  No lie...their hair seems brushed, tamed and pulled back.  They look together.  Their entrance proves that there was an effort put into their appearance.  It may go unnoticed to others, but not to me.  I am entranced.

Lucy is an independent girl.  I love that about her.  But it makes things like "pig tails" at 6:30 am difficult.  We pick out her outfits at night (like Mama) and I try to let her have as much say as possible.  That sometimes means outfits like this:
The Sunday morning Lucy special.


Other times I can get her excited with a fun, chic ensemble, but it's not often.

She has beautiful hair.  It's full, has curls and a wave and it's manageable.  But it still must be touched...you know like a brush through the snarls? Sometimes this works for her schedule and other times it's too much of a bother.  I don't like arguing in the morning and it's just hair.  Right?

Recently, Lucy's teacher has been doing her hair.  She does it a thousand times better than I ever can and Lucy loves it.  First, thank you..I love when my daughter's hair isn't covering half her face.  Second, what the hell?  What magic spell have you cast?

I guess I could wake up 10 minutes earlier.  Is that what you moms do?

Wait, I am not willing to.  I am on survival mode.

For now I'll love my little Punky Brewster and focus on the bare minimum - trying to brush her hair after bath.  I am currently at about a 50% success rate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom