Thursday Thoughts on a Friday.... 10/9

Thursday Thoughts on a Friday....
I'm failing at this blog thing already, but this week has been INTENSE.

Colleen mentioned on our Facebook page that I had good news and I really, really, really do!

As of this past Tuesday the Board of Ed has officially approved an insane and adventurous proposal that I have been working on for what feels like forever (though in reality it has been about 7 months).

I will be taking a group of 16 students to Europe in April.  I had a crazy idea... and last year when I asked if I could start planning, someone finally said YES!

We will be heading to London, Paris, & Rome for 9 days in April.  Just a mere 189 days we will embark on a journey that is sure to change their lives, and mine as well!    I have been extremely overwhelmed with planning, preparing, working with my students, meeting with teachers, administrators and eventually getting in front of the Board of Ed.    Now, I am completely overwhelmed with the idea that this get to happen... like REEALLY REALLLLLY!  (How am I going to leave Brian & Colin for 9 days... STOP ASKING!  I CAN'T THINK ABOUT IT!)

I couldn't have done any of this without my partner in crime Nicole Kolej. I mentioned about a million times that I wanted her to join me on this trip and she didn't even hesitate. She supported me when I was having doubts, laughed with me with excitement when we hear the "YES", annnnd most importantly she is really really coming along with us!  If Brian and Colin can't come, then there's no one is rather have by my side than her!  

My job is amazing, and important, and is so much more than a show up and get a paycheck kind of gig.  My job allows me to have crazy ideas and turn those crazy ideas into reality.  My job allows me to inspire, and connect and be happy.... but honestly the BEST part of my job is that I get to work with am amazing population of students who get just as excited about this stuff as I do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom