Dinner Time Juggle

Dinner time is the most challenging time of my day - every day.  Yes, this even beats my rowdy 8th period sophomores.  My husband doesn't get home until after dinner gets cooked (isn't that convenient).  Even when I plan well it can sometimes be a struggle...and I rarely plan well.

Lucy and John are ready to eat at 5.  Not 5:01 and definitely not 5:15, so I need the meal ready and cooled before their internal dinner bell goes off.  Whenever I try to stretch it because they seem like they are in "good moods"...it always backfires.

I am not posting today because I found a miracle cure and all of a sudden everything is working out.  On the contrary, today was like any other normal day (except I made only one meal for all four of us and everyone loved it...chicken fajitas..who knew?).

However, today while cooking I was holding the baby on and off and making a jack-o-lantern.  I made the saddest, tiniest little jack-o-lantern, but the kids LOVED it.  The entire floor was a mess of pumpkin guts and seeds, but they were so happy.  A dinner prep with no whining is worth the extra clean up.

Happy fall all!

Comments

  1. You must plan crockpot meals. It will provide at least 2 meals and give you extra time at dinner time. I know you now this. Never underestimate a rotisserie chicken from the store. Chicken salad, soup, etc... You will find your momma Mojo. Your pumpkin story melts my heart. Brings me back to what is important...keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom