#MomCrushMonday - Sisterly Love

My Japanese niece 
Super Moms don't have to be famous (Amy and I would prefer to be moms who are famous..actually no..we prefer to be famous people that just happen to be moms, but we are coming to terms with our lot).  I love one Mom a lot.  In fact I've loved her since she was born.

My sister, Laura, is a real hero of a mom.  She gave birth in a foreign country and raised my beautiful niece for nearly a year without any family help.  When I say foreign I don't mean England - you know just a quick flight away - I mean JAPAN.  In order to even chat with our mom or me or anyone else of significance there would be a 13 hour difference.   Being a brand-new mom is one of the most challenging "first days of work" I can imagine.  When you are doing it for the first time (or any time) and you don't have others to truly depend on because they are simply unavailable it adds a whole other level.  Add to that the fact that she was immersed in an entire different culture? Right..don't think I could either.

Yet, she did it all.  She figured out  what makes Quinn happy.  How to get her to sleep.  How to get from here to there.  How to feed and entertain.  How to stimulate.  How to multi-task.  How to get out of the apartment!

She's back now.  Steve and Quinn came too!  She has done a fantastic job.  Quinn is sweet, easily content, curious and calm.  She is my most favorite niece.

This week Laura will be guest posting as we start to talk about "transitions".  There seems to always be one on the horizon (or they smack you right in the face if you're not ready).

If you're interested in guest posting shoot us message or comment.  We love you all for your support.

Comments

  1. Wow what an honor to be Monday's mom crush!! Just one more thing me and princess Kate have in common lol!!!! Thank you sissy for the beautiful introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura has grown up into one special lady and no mom. Kudos for selecting sch a wonderful poster mom. I am quite happy commenting on your wonderful blog. Keep them coming. Much love to Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Our number one fan! We love you Susan Fabrizio!!! We are a product of you! ( :

      Delete
  4. Can't wait for your post tomorrow Laura!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom