Balancing Two

File this under #Momguilt

Recently it feels like I have been spending more one on one time with Lucy.  John has been on and off with a mild sickness (rash, runny nose, general teething stuff that is enveloped in misery).  Every time I have a fun event to go to my plan is to take both.  Like last week I needed to go to school at night - and they LOVE SCHOOL.  I could only take Lucy because the baby seemed tired.  This weekend I went to a state championship volleyball game.  Awesome.  Only Lucy could go, the baby had a mild fever.  Tonight I went to the girls Powerdpuff game (GIRL POWER).  Only Lucy could make the trip.

Granted she is "easier" right now.  However, when she was his age she was going to everything with me.  He is missing out.

I often think she thrives on the one on one attention - don't we all?  But after adding it all up in my head I feel guilty.  Does John know that I think of him while I am there?  Does he know that I feel bad coming home (especially when I get rewarded with that smile of his)?  Also, is Lucy getting some warped idea of what is "normal"?  Is she also starting to think that she may be the favorite?  As the middle child of three girls I am hyper sensitive this.
My "A" student

I know it will balance out soon - once he is well I'll do some special things, but for now I feel bad that it seems like one kid is "stuck at home with dad." Yikes!*


Seeking balance today, tonight and always.  Any advice?



*For the record I think they have fun doing man things, but can watching football really be better than adventures with Mom?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom