50 Reasons We Love Drew



Shameless I know.  I can't turn anything away with the name Lucy in it.  Ever.

I am reading Drew Barrymore's memoir right now (Wildflower).  She has lead a pretty amazing life (not all of which has been wonderful or easy).  Her conversational writing style is throwing me off a bit, but she says some really extraordinary things.  She is a mother of two girls - still babies really:  Frankie and Olive (no it doesn't get cuter than that..except maybe "Forgetful Lucy").

She intersperses tales of her past with that of her current life.  After giving birth to her second daughter she recounts:  "Was I going to cower in this room when this kid, this new beautiful baby, needs me?  Hell no.  I got up, so sore and groggy, and picked up my baby Taurus.  And I kissed her face over and over.  I vowed, just as I did with Olive, that I would always be her warrior.  I am their Pisces mother.  Mother of dragons! I am strong.  I have learned."

A) I too am I Pisces Mom - I feel you.
B) I too am a Mother of Dragons and a huge fan of Game of Thrones
C) I sometimes doubt that I am strong, but boy am I learning.

I love you for your honesty and your spirit.  You go enjoy those baby dragons - they are lucky to have you.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom