Holiday Chaos

It's Thanksgiving week which means it's time to give thanks for all those things we normally take for granted.  I asked my sophomores what they were grateful for and I got the standard spectrum of answers (strawberry milk to God). I was impressed, however, with how many students said they are greatful (yes that's almost all students spell that damn word) for their mothers - there is HOPE!

I try to stay in the moment and be thankful everyday.  Some days are better than others.  When I look at what my life was like three years ago (thanks TimeHop App) it is insane how full it has become.  I am thankful for that fullness.  At times I feel like I am at capacity, but then I realize I wouldn't have it any other way.

So for today I wanted to say that I am thankful for the chaos that holiday season brings.  Sure, it may be challenging figuring out the kids' naps amidst travel, but it's worth it.  The kids may throw out their "healthy eating" I strive for every day by downing too many juice boxes and having way too many appetizers, but we will survive.  Sometimes I feel like we spend the morning packing only to be at a place for an hour or two, but it's two hours well spent.

It may be chaotic, but this season is full of love and fun.  I wouldn't trade a second of family time and I am grateful I have so many people to be with.

Overall though, I am just so glad to be able to get my kids out of my own house and into yours.  Eventually it makes our house "fun again" because they haven't played in every room with every toy in at least 24 hours.  Also, you have no idea how much neater this makes my own.

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom