When an Elderly Man Laughs at You in a Parking Lot.

Today I had just enough time to watch a grocery cart swiftly crash into my car.  Technically I had more than enough time to stop it.  In fact, it was kind of walking parallel to me, but then picked up speed and SMASH.

The reason I couldn't stop it (even though it was bright green and headed for my shiny black car) was because I was holding 5 bags of groceries and two little people's hands.

I went to the local grocery market so that the kids could both get their little carts and make a quick stop fun.  Ok fine, quick stops don't happen anymore, but they did have fun.

I didn't want them bringing the carts in the parking lot, because that would be a disaster (both managed to tip them over in the store a total of three times). So I thought I could grab it all.  I didn't anticipate Lucy wanting to hold my left hand.  It was a really big deal to have the left hand - you know that one I had carefully balanced all the groceries on so I was frazzled when we walked out the "magic doors."

It was then in an altered state of mind that I saw an elderly man leave his cart nearly in front of the doors and walk off.  It started to roll and I couldn't grab it (HELLO I couldn't grab anything..I was even having trouble breathing). My punishment was that it rolled into my car, in front of me while I held onto bags and my kids (Lucy with the left hand).

The kicker was that he watched it happen and then smiled at me.  I am pretty sure he wasn't with it.  I don't think he connected that it that was his cart who caused the trouble.  Maybe he was just smiling at my adorable children? If not, I really have lost faith in the world.

Minimal damage on the car, a fun story to tell Jerry when he gets home.  What's grocery shopping like for you all?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom