Taking a Girl Break

Bachelorette on far right!
In a few days Amy and I (and others) are escaping to the Cape for a girl's weekend.  Let's call it what it is a bachelorette party! We are celebrating an amazing friend, one who we've known for well over 20 years.  A fellow girl scout who is truly selfless - beautiful in every way imaginable.  We are hoping some giggles and booze will help the memories, stories and squabbles surface in fits of dance and instagram posts.

I've been excited for this for a long time, but it just dawned on me tonight that it will be the first time that I will be away from kids by myself.  The few times I've been away (for weddings or dates) Jerry has always accompanied me.  We were in it together.  We missed them together and had fun together.  Once when I cried, Jerry told me how much I deserved a night away.  He was right and I tried really hard to have fun (and I did!).

Jerry will be great.  Maybe part of him is glad to have complete control?  (Care to comment Jer?).

Sidenote:  Must remember to leave out all tylenol/motrin with meticulous measurements...you know, just in case.  

So I am starting to get very jittery - it's a mixture of out of my mind excitement for being away and carefree and at the beach.  Yet, there's that other part of me that's anxious about being without them.

We will be wearing considerably less clothing.


For now I'll be packing and cuddling (and disciplining, yawning and laughing). Thank God for Iphones and picture texts and videos.


Bottom's up!










Comments

  1. Have a wonderful time! You will all be so happy to be able to celebrate without changing diapers, chasing children and refereeing spats. Enjoy the you time, relax with your posse and most of all have a blast. My best to all of you...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom