But I never lose!

At the end of the year I let my student's play Banagrams or Apples to Apples. 
It helps with Final Exam prep burn out, and it challenges them. 
Apples to Apples give them the part of speech AND great synonyms.
Bananagrams helps with spelling, and with challenging them to create words in general!

I jump in an play with random groups every time.

"4"
I have a group of tough boys in one class who I keep winning against.  They have kept me on my toes all year long... but the second we sit down to play they have been more respectful, hilarious, and down right amazing!  We've been keeping tally, they just can't beat me..
 I call it pay back.. they think I'm cheating.    :)  




"7"
I also have this sweet, beautiful, and amazing girl in my last period class.  She has been working so hard this entire year and I have seen her grow so much.
She asks questions, she does her homework, she reads, and she just wants to do well.
and....... in one round

She.. Beat... Me...



She didn't want her face to show... but I tell you she was BEAMING!!!
She was proud, but I was prouder!




These are the moments I live for.  The full circle moments.  
They're ready to move on. 
I'm just not ready to let go....





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom