Boys Will be Boys

Vacation has started off with a bang.  We have done so much in only a few days.  In fact, one day after nap I had sketched in time to just "chill".  Lucy asked, "but why aren't we going anywhere?"

Time to relax a bit I guess, which was what was on tap today after a weekend of touching trucks, running around at the beach and visiting with BOTH sides of fantastic grandparents.  Good sleep and naps were the number one priority and also the start of "Mommy's School" (will give more details later).

So today involved a short park trip, but mostly just being with each other.  When I was ready for pre-nap activities, they were ready for naked sprinkler.  Go, go, go.

As we were snuggling and getting ready for what is currently a 2-hour nap John said, "I love trucks."  To which I said "Well, I love you."  To which he replied, "I love poop."

Which gets me to my main point.  One thing I have realized recently is just how much of a boy my boy really is.  As much as I try to get him involved in some "neutral" activities like arts and crafts, playing "house," playing kitchen, etc., he quickly realizes how lame all of these activities are because they don't involve, dump trucks, race cars, monster trucks or diggers.  

Also, none of those activities have anything to do with poop, puke, burbs, toots or the ever popular diarrhea.  

We know he is cute and he says a lot, even though he's small, but most of his vocabulary has to do with these bodily functions and are followed with loud, belly laughter.

He reminds me all of the time how out of my element I am. 

But damn when he sings "Pa-pa Poopy" to the tune of "Paparazzi" by Lady Gaga he has never, ever made me more proud.

I love him and his poop and burbs and toots.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom