Happy June

How your son looks at you when you have
no make-up on.  Scary.
Amy has been a roll this week - she must not have any grading to do.  If she's doing all this writing and grading and being a mommy, well, you can just find me sitting in fetal position in the corner.

June is great for a lot of reasons.  Looking at my calendar I have birthday parties, father's day festivities, graduations, the first day of summer, a wedding and the ever so amazing LAST DAY OF SCHOOL.  I look forward to it all and hope my kids are well enough to enjoy every minute.

Yet, there is a creeping anxiety coming with it too.  As I shift from a working mom to a temporary stay-at-home mom the doubts are surfacing.  I haven't done 24/7 mommying in months - when I work I get the worry and concern without the constant wiping of butts and tears.  I know in my heart we will get in a groove, but how long will that take?  How do I fill the days?  How do I keep them on a
schedule so that we are all happy (me included)?  and then the dreaded...

What if they like daycare better than me?

Oh wait, my house looks like a daycare. Problem solved.


There is pressure (mostly self-imposed).  I am dealing with it by trying to p
lan.  See our Summer Bucket List set to come soon.

Yet, for today my plan was to take them to Karabin Farms to see the animals.  It's a quick drive, it's lovely and it's free.  It would take up a good hour and give them fresh air in the shade (mom for the win).

That didn't happen.  Instead we:

After-math
1.  Woke up at 6:30 and did puzzles and crafts.  At least Lucy did with minimal help from me (because I was busy trying to keep John from ruining her puzzles and crafts).
2.  We watched 10 minutes of Cailou - I think I rolled my eyes 5 times...enough!
3, 4, 5, AHHH - Then we walked to the swings, fed the ducks, filled up the pool, dumped out the pool, filled the pool again, made water balloons, watered the flowers, did chalk, did dress-up, played "monster truck in castle," played hide and seek, played in my car (without driving) and ate copious amounts of snacks.

Add in a few time outs and I easily filled 5 hours.

Now, just play "repeat" and I am good for the summer, right? Right? RIGHT???





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom