Things I Learned This Year

This has been my first full school year in awhile.  Back to back babies got me used to maternity leaves (I'm starting to get the itch again, haha).  Well school is just about over and eight years later, I am still learning.

It hasn't been an easy year, but I know in the scheme of things that I have it pretty good.

This I learned:

1.  Tardies, sudden absences, leaving early...
I used to look down on other people who seemed they couldn't get it together.  Like, just get to work on time...get dependable childcare.  GET IT TOGETHER! Well, I am organized, prepared and have dependable childcare and I was still late this year.  I also had to call out last minute (twice).  I also arrived at school just to immediately turnaround and go back home.  I've had to leave early and I've had to get creative.  Even with great help it has been a trying year. Everyone's got their own circumstances and this mama is never judging again.

2.  Found that my students were most excited when I veered a little off the curriculum and on to something "new."  Sometimes it's rewarding to just go with my instincts and do something I know is great even if it's not in a binder of "requirements".

3.  I still got it.------------------------------------------------>

4.  Bringing Lucy and John to school for functions is really valuable.  My kids (right now) think that what I do is pretty awesome.  I am raising a little Lucy teacher (not on purpose...it's just happening).  I feel a sense of pride when I can include them in things like dinners, banquets and music and sporting events.  Sometimes it lessens the blow of leaving them every morning (SOMETIMES).


5, I am one year closer to my plan B.  Do I know what Plan B is?  Not yet.  Do I have a lot of ideas?  Yes.  For now am I fulfilled?  My cup runneth over.


Peace out 2015-2016 school year.  It has been fun, challenging, tiring and enlightening.  I look forward to a break to recharge and get that 24/7 family time that I am so, so desperate for.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom