Our Little Secret, Right?

So I have a secret...

We live across the street from a lovely widow.  She lives on the "pond" side of the street - the water-view and she has a pool.  In June, she mentioned (in passing) that if we ever wanted to use the pool we could.  I kindly welcomed the offer, but never took her up on it.

Until this week.

She works really long hours and because she is a widow her house is empty throughout most of the day (save visits from her son or landscaping company).

She did offer, it's so f'ing hot and I hate the sound of the air conditioners, so...the kids and I were in the pool every day this week.

Have I mentioned that it's beautiful?  It's kidney shaped, tiled, heated and clean.  It's deep, but not long, perfect for practicing the doggy paddle.

Every day this week the kids have practiced swimming and I can now go in and not hold them all the time.  They literally can swim (with swimmies).  I went under, practiced my Olympics-worthy dives and floated, something I haven't done in over three years.  Life is good (while in someone else's pool and not our kiddie pool).
The pool we said peace out to.

We call it "our private vacation".  Seriously, that's what Lucy says.  It's too hot and I can't say no, so we go after nap EVERY DAY!

We left my neighbor a present - a small token of our appreciation, but she has no idea how "at home" we have made ourselves.

 I can't tell if we are doing something wrong, BUT I CAN'T STOP! Heat waves, humidity and two cute toddlers make you do crazy things.

What do you think??


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom