It Gets (a little) Easier

Amy and I are not saying good-bye to summer just yet.  We will do that in video form later on, yet the time has come for one of us to return to work (and that’s me). 
·      
          So while my husband is downstairs in the basement with a bunch of men creating fantasy football teams (no seriously, it’s what I am currently dealing with), I am reflecting on the best summer of my life.  Much of it was chronicled on the blog and I don’t want to be redundant.  There’s plenty I didn’t do, but I also don’t feel like talking about that either.


·      
      Instead I am choosing to attempt to permanently etch this summer into my brain.  The two thousand +  pictures I have help a lot.  I am choosing to let them run over and over in my mind while I sit through endless meetings tomorrow.  I am choosing to get excited to see my co-workers and friends and I am choosing to start the year off on the right foot because my “new” kids will need me.  I am choosing to drop my kids off at daycare tomorrow with a special snack and love note and lots and lots and lots of kisses (and inevitable tears).
·     
          I am also choosing to come to terms with the fact that I do have to work and I am lucky to have chosen a job that allows me to make my kids’ summers special (heck mine too).

·       
      Happy new school year to all.  I am proud to be a #teachermommy.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom