And All of a Sudden We Were at Wendy's

Determined to make this week still feel like summer, I tried extra hard to make my afternoons with the kids really fun.  Whether it was going swimming or going to a welcome back to school bash, every afternoon I had something planned to help ease the pain of our new schedule.  I exhausted myself (and them too) but I think they caught on to the sentiment - mommy isn't going to be here every hour, but she will be here when it counts.  Well, at least I hope that's how they feel.



So, what happens when you plan an evening adventure to an outdoor eating venue and it's closed (until April)?

You end up watching your son pour out a salt shaker while you order Wendy's for them on a random Tuesday night. 

I don't do fast-food so this was a big deal, but the kids were hungry and it was getting late.  Surprise, surprise they ate well.   Also, not that I should have one but the frosty I had was out-of-this-world!


I wrote last week about how going back to work does get easier.  In some ways I was right.  I can have conversations with both my kids, so there is some level of understanding of where I am going and why I am dropping them off.  Yet, because they know that I am leaving and I won't be back for seven hours there were also some tears (heck one day I left my babies while they were near meltdown).  It hurt.  It hurt bad.  Seeing photos of them laughing made me feel better, but I was already traumatized at that point.

My kids expressed their feelings in other ways this week too.  Not all I planned went well.  Yet, I'll keep trying.
I feel you buddy. I really, really do.

One week down, a few dozen to go.  Like Amy says, let's let it go and try to have some fun.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom