Taylor Swift, Dinner Dates, Jon Snow and Curls...Suck it May

Can you tell it's May?  

Amy and I have been a little quiet recently.  That's because we are fighting.  If only you know what she...

Just joking.  

We are simply teacher mommies burning candles at both ends at crunch time.  Add in a car accident, mother's day, retirement parties, and about three child illnesses in a row and you get two cranky exhausted mommies..

So even though I have about 10 blog posts in my head, I figured I'd do a brief check-in.  Over the past week my life has transformed in the following ways:


1.  Lucy can now sing almost all of Taylor Swift's "Wildest Dreams".  It's beautiful and sweet - her pronunciation is on point  She even sings, "tangled up with you all night." Never realized it till Jerry said, ummm...what??? (side-note, regardless of meaning we are still asking her to perform).


2.    Jerry and I snuck out for a dinner date (first in awhile).  We finished too early and decided to cap the night by going romantic grocery shopping (grocery shopping on a Friday night - the woman pushes the cart while the man slowly follows and plugs along on his phone).  When we came home this is what the playroom looked like (love you Mom).

3.  One of my co-workers brought me in a magazine about Jon Snow (or rather a magazine that had photos of him).  I put this on the board over my JFK poster (which I know is sacrilegious).  It makes me smile and it has also made my students uncomfortable (winning).  








4.  Amy and I had a successful dinner date.  The kids ate pretty good and we used paper plates for quick-clean up.  We even had leftovers for the next night (YES).  It was Sunday though, as Jerry mentioned to me several times "It's Game of Thrones night" which means everything has to be wrapped up before 8.  

5.  My son went and grew up on me.  Got his first hair cut in my kitchen after my husband got his "summer edge up".  Can't find two more handsome guys if I tried. Tear...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom