Vacation

Celebrating with vacation cookies!
I remember a couple of weeks ago thinking how will I ever get to April break?  The grading had piled up, my students were pushing every button and well there wasn't a break in sight.  Being a working mom of two toddlers means lots of giggles, crafts, toys and snuggles.  It also means endless days, lots of negotiations, and way too many games of hide and go seek (I am always the seeker).

 Well, here I am.  Ahead of me I have nine days of no bell schedules, no daycare drop-offs and no grading and planning.

What I do have is stay-at-home mom status:  I'll still be waking up at 6, it will still be a struggle to get a bathroom break and relaxing will be relegated to the 9pm hour (or never).

I can't wait!


*Update - woke up at 5:30 this morning to a crib full of hot dog puke and a sad, sad boy.  It makes only perfect sense that my kids get sick on the very first day of vacation.  Why ruin a perfect record of illness on every vacation this year?  The good thing?  I'm home and John sat still on my lap for about 30 minutes today.  #winning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom