1,2,3 and Stop

Lucy turns three today.  I am feeling all those cliches - time has flown, she's so big, feels like yesterday she was born...

But mostly I just feel like I now have a little girl and not a toddler.  So yes, it feels like yesterday that I rocked Lucy to sleep, breastfed her, held her hand while she learned to walk and now those things are a blur in the past.  Things have changed.  They've changed in lovely, incalculable ways, but they certainly have changed.

Now, my daughter asks "why?"  Not just in response to when I say no, but to real questions - why is he sad Mommy? Why is it snowing if it's spring?  Why, why, why....


She also sings songs from the radio instead of just toddler songs.  I love when she sings Taylor Swift.  Hearing her sing Justin Bieber is equal parts cute and scary.

She picks her own outfits and dresses herself.  She asserts her independence at all times (especially when it's inconvenient for me).

She starts pre-school today, no more daycare.

She's helping me teach her brother right from wrong - it's not right to hit or pull my hair..you should listen to Mommy.

She has bad dreams and can talk about them.


She's amazing and sweet and I love her so much (3 years ago of course and especially today).  Which is why we made the agreement that she'll stop growing now and that way we don't have to worry about change.  I think it's pretty reasonable.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom