Miss, I Think You Left Your Price Tag on...

A group of students were hysterically laughing today while I was tinkering with something in the front of the room.  I got that sinking feeling it was about me.  It usually isn't, so I tried not to stress..I shrugged it off and pretended I didn't hear it.

But today it was.

I left the price tag on my pants.  Damn!  One boy (dare I say gentleman) told me quite nicely.  I took it like a champ.  Giggled with them and said, "Ugh they're new...at least you couldn't tell the size, haha." (Breathe, hide red face, you've got this, so cool, winning, you're winning, shit, shit, shit).

Two lies there:

1) They are not new.  I have worn them at least a dozen times.  That means that they've been washed at least half a dozen times??  That means that maybe they have been laughing at me for weeks. Shit.

2) You could see the size, but I dare not share.  There are some things I just don't want to teach.
*In other news of complete delusion one girl asked, "What are you a size 2?"  HA! I've literally never been a size 2..I think I skipped from juniors right to 6 and never came back (I've gone much further, but never, never back).

You lose a lot of your humility when you become a mom, but the fact is I was a teacher way before.  Don't think I had much to begin with.

How's your Friday going??

#TGIF





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom