The Man Behind the Super Mom

We all give dads a bit of flack.  Wait, I don't want to speak for you.  I give my own husband a lot of some flack.  He's really awesome at a lot of things, most importantly being a dad.  Yet, you know, he still finds time to watch football, take a quick snooze and drink some beer.  For some strange reason I can't find the time to do that in my life, so I tease him.  He's a good sport, plus I think a few jabs here or there are worth it as long as he still gets what he wants.

Sometimes it dawns on me just how great I have it.  He's home every night and when he walks in the door his on "dad time".  There's no time to change, put up his feet or even go to the bathroom - it's time to be dad.  I do it too so I know that it can be hard, but never do I hear a complaint.

Many dads do this so I am not ready to give him a gold star.  But not every dad, would do this....





This is my husband's favorite tv.  He researched it forever got exactly what he wanted and we have enjoyed it for years.  Sure we may watch more Paw Patrol than Red Sox games, but it's still his. Well last week when we turned it on there was a circle on the tv, which lead to an investigation that then lead us to a small crack on the screen.  My husband was devastated.  The small circle got in the way of everything and it was unfixable.

Then two days later it stopped working completely.

Blank screen.  Black. Nothing. Broken.

I think many dads would get really angry and that a few more may even lose their shit.

Not my husband, he took it solemnly and quietly.  I knew he was angry, frustrated and sad but he kept it in and didn't take it out on the kids.

A real dad takes broken prized possessions like a champ and plays catch with his kids hours later.

That's the kind of guy I married - the best kind.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom