To the Guy Who Knocked on my Door at 4:45

If you were to stop by my house (unexpectedly) anywhere between 7am-3pm you would think I have things mildly under control.  You may hear a crying baby, there may be a splatter of matchbox cars on the living room floor and you'll definitely hear Kidzbop playing throughout the house, but you won't see a (terribly) frazzled mom, sad children or filth.

But if you were to stop by my house (unexpectedly) between 4-6pm you would likely see huge messes, dirty plates, a hungry, screaming baby and two toddlers who have forgotten their manners.  Many people have told me it's the witching hour.  Yes, yes, I see it now. It's the hour I suddenly have to prep a meal that represents all the food groups, while also simultaneously breastfeeding and dealing with toddlers who are beginning to unravel.

So please, maybe don't come over - or, rather if you do, please come at 7 am.  I'm as fresh as a daisy then.

So to the poor guy who mistakenly knocked on my door at 4:45 and wanted to give me his perfectly rehearsed script on home remodeling, I am truly sorry.  I am sorry I had to hold back my anxious pitbull from jumping on you.  I am sorry baby Holly drowned out your voice with her screams.  I am sorry that my children didn't listen to me when I asked them to stay inside and instead went outside and stared awkwardly at you.  I am sorry I looked a mess, when in reality (if you had come at the appropriate time) my make-up would've been fresher and my hair would've been less...scary.  I am sorry I answered all of your questions (so.many.questions) in an exhausted, irritated tone.

I am sorry I didn't buy what you were selling.

I am sorry you got the worst first impression of me.

I am sorry that you walked away, fearful that when you were older (because you were young and hot) your life may look like mine.

Because like I said, if you came a couple hours earlier you may have thought differently.  I still wouldn't have bought new windows, but you wouldn't have walked back to your car with PTSD.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom