Thursday Thoughts 9/24

 

Start:  7:29pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Each Thursday I will be writing about some random thought of time!  Maybe it will be a #ThoughtsFromColin, maybe it will be a #ThrowbackThursday, it might be silly, sad, a comment of current events... but Thursdays are my time to sit back and get all these thoughts running through my head OUT! :)  I hope you enjoy.  Feel free to comment, share, or just read.  I appreciate you just taking the time to be here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone says there's never enough time in the day, and at this exact moment, that couldn't feel more true.  We pack our days full, every minute seems scheduled.  The stress settles on our shoulders... we balance, and maintain, but it feels like with one false move, everything will come crashing down around us.  I look back at years past, (even one year past) and think to myself how I wish I knew how good I had it.  I wish I didn't stress over so much and just relaxed.  But I also wonder what the heck I did with all of my spare time! It wasn't even spare time then, it was literally just my time. 

So today when I thought about what I wanted to write, I just couldn't think of anything worthy of my "time".  I wanted my first "Thursday Thoughts" to be interesting, thought provoking... poignant.  Then I sat down at the computer.  I started by looking for a picture of Colleen and I together from anytime in the distant past, I thought it might spark something. What I forgot was that ALL, and I mean ALL, of my pictures from college are saved here on this one computer.  All 3,000 or so.  So I let myself look.  My organized self had everything categorized by year, month, and date.  I chose folders at random and it was glorious.  College was amazing!  But even more amazing is that I have these memories saved.  Days and nights and early morning that I had completely forgot about all came flooding back.   I'm laughing as I type this because I remember those feelings in those moments.

 There were still stresses back then, but you wouldn't know it looking at the pictures.  Those aren't the memories that matters

Looking back made me realize something.  I have no regrets.   I had no idea how much fun I was having while I was having it.  I had no idea as I was taking all of those pictures that I would even ever look at them again.  It also reminds me that I am not missing anything by staying in on a Friday night, or staying in my pj's all day.  I paid my dues. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


As a final note:  I did find MANY a throwbacks of Colleen and I over the years.  All of which were Pre-Selfie era, circa 2004.   This is the most appropriate, and nicest of the two of us.  :)

Happy #tbt :)

Finish:  8:18

Comments

  1. What is going on with my hair? Did I arrive on a bike or something??? I have helmet head! Anyways - we look YOUNG!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom