New Adventure

The similarities between Amy and I are too many to mention.  They will slowly reveal themselves as this blog develops.  It may have something to do with the fact that we have known each other for over twenty years.  Her house was one of the few I was allowed to sleep over when I was young. Our families are intertwined and my love for her goes very deep.  She is an amazing woman, friend and mom.

We have been talking about doing this (joint blog) for months.  We each had separate blogs and read each others.  We struggle with time (or lack thereof).  We are confronted with many of the same issues on a daily basis.  Teaching high schoolers and coming home to toddlers will do that to you.  Our husband's are hard-working, kind and faithful.  They've also proven themselves to be excellent fathers.  They also make us crazy.  We know this because we have an extensive text log to prove it.  

I started Lucysmom.com as some sort of therapeutic venture.  I was torn about being a working mom.  After having John a mere year later I have started to come to terms with my lot in life.  Leaving for work is never easy, but I see the purpose now and I am so proud of the little people my children are growing into.  I know this is a result of Jerry and me, but I also know that they are being molded by the many other people who help us on a daily basis.  

I am still Lucysmom.  I feel guilt and joy.  I feel pressure, but allow myself to feel grateful.  I try to do the right things and find myself failing over and over. I try to relax, but I realize that I never stop. 

I am still learning.  Learning to be a mommy and a teacher at the same time.

Teach me how to do it all.

Mostly, just teach me how to mommy.



Comments

  1. As the mommy of the other mommy, and the Girl Scout leader of both the mommies, I wish you happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom