School Picture Day

What a tease I am.... I can't even upload a picture because I don't have any memory left of my phone, but I do have a story!   (UPDATE EDIT:  I did take a picture of his shoes and emailed it to myself!)


I spent the entirety of yesterday wishing I could be with Colin on his first real "big boy" adventure.  School Picture Day.  Yes, a one year old gets school pictures.  

So, I picked out his outfit.. with options (Rachel Zoe taught me well), trusted Brian to get Colin dressed appropriately in said options, and left for work.

All day I wondered how he did.. I thought about how the heck they were going to get my little boy, who won't even sit still in his car seat, to sit still long enough for a picture.  I wondered when I would get to see them, I wondered if he would mean mug the camera like he did when I took him to see Santa last year.  Essentially I was pre-occupied the entire day with "thoughts of Colin."  Also, I bought him baby converse to match mine so I was DYING to see his cuteness....

I rushed out of school (ugh no that's a lie: I corrected 4 sets of papers, and didn't get to day care until after 3:30).  Once I finally got there I basically ran into daycare....  Colin running towards me in his converse, jeans and white Gap t-shirt AMAZING... I melted.

Then, the teacher handed me the photo proofs.....  Let's just say the three choices are less than ideal.  He'd clearly been crying, he scratched himself on his cheek (because he won't sit still long enough for me to get all his nails cut in one, or even two, sittings), and he's smirking.

 But I don't even care... His chubby cheeks, his devilish smile.... what's a mother not to love.  I felt like I knew exactly what he was thinking when I looked at those pictures.  "Why did my mom put me in these silly jeans... and this weird shirt with buttons on it!"  DUDE -- I HEAR YOU!  You were totally uncomfortable, Next year -- PJ's!    And you know, I actually wish I had sent him in his favorite PJ's instead of jeans because that is seriously when I think he is the MOST adorable.  So maybe these pictures aren't perfect, but that is what makes me love them all the more.  They're real.



Side note:  Today is my school picture day.....  maybe this year they won't forget to put my photo in the yearbook....  #goals

         

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom