Happy Mother's Day!

Well, we've waited for it all year.  It's finally come!  It's Mother's Day!

Even if Mother's Day means that the craft your kid made you at daycare has already broken and the outdoor barbecue you planned for your family will be slightly ruined tainted by pouring rain, it's still "our day."

On Friday, I finished up a year long relationship with a student teacher.  The experience was such a positive one that I held back tears when I said, "good-bye" to her.  She helped me with all the taxing things that go on behind the scenes - grading, planning, copying, organizing, cleaning and the ever important report cards.  Beyond that, she became such an energetic and kind presence in my room.  She is a friend now and I will miss her dearly.

She left me with a gift, that in her words, "defines who I am."


I never received any of these "knit" things in my life.  I've always liked them, but isn't it kind of a lost art?  Anyways, she nailed it right on the head there.  My life can be summed in those three words.  Is it that obvious, even to strangers?  

I hope everyone enjoys this Mother's Day however you like to spend it!  Thanks as always for reading and sharing this journey with us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom