Did You Ever Notice...

This week one of my students raised his hands and announced that he never noticed (until today) that I have a wrinkle under my nose that surfaces when I smile.

Wait, what?

You've only been looking at me for 170 days, I've been looking at myself for 33 years.  I definitely don't have a wrinkle there; that's just weird.

Wait, let me double-check.

Goddammit he's right.

And so even though I am on the "younger" end of the spectrum of teachers, the tides have clearly changed.  Students used to notice my new highlights, if I got a tan, perhaps even my jewelry.  Now, why yes, it's the revelation of new wrinkles and lines that will undoubtedly drive me mad.

The picture below is "pre-wrinkle announcement" a time when I was at my happiest - Mother's Day.  It's also slightly blurry, which is purposeful.


If you ever are ever wondering just where you stand, walk into a room of teens, you'll find out reallllllllllllll quick.


Comments

  1. If you have a wrinkle there, I bet it is from smiling!!! People get wrinkles around their eyes and mouth from smiling. So don't think of yours as having to do with age, but because you have had so much to smile about in your young 33 years!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom