Vacation, all I ever wanted...


Making it to April Vacation feels like mile 20 of marathon (not that I've ever run one... but one time I watched the Boston Marathon at the top of Heartbreak Hill, and that was exhausting)....  April Vacation is a random place in the year that I decide that the year is complete.  I have a little more than one unit left to teach, I have to start making the little moments with my students LAST, and in just a few short weeks I have to start detaching, because these students will soon will no longer be "mine".

This year has been harder than ever; have you noticed the lack of posts?
The school day takes more out of me than ever before.
The emotions are high, the needs are high, prep periods are used for pretty much everything besides prepping (covering class, meetings, reports, data). I'm staying later and later, when I should be leaving earlier and earlier.... and it took a complete breakdown (in front of my period 7 class no less) to just stop.

...and finally, a friend at work looked me in the eyes and said it's OK to sit down, to take a break, and to show weakness.

So here we are, April Vacation, no checking emails, I brought no work home with me, I have nothing but excitement for the 4th Quarter of the school year, and a ton of fun adventures with my Summertime Mom Squad to look forward to.

I'm using this vacation to preview how fun out summer is going to be, to refresh, to recharge, and reconnect.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom