Wait, What Weekend?



The first weekend of December is officially in the books.  My kids were in bed at 7:15 and Jerry and I are too exhausted to do much, well, much of anything.

Over this weekend my kids met Santa twice and will see him twice more this week.  Before you judge me and think that the season has gotten just that much out of control, hear me out...

It's a lot of work to organize some of these things (Polar Express and Fire Truck Santa), but some just fall into our laps.  We went to a pasta dinner at my school this week where Santa showed up.  Score.  This upcoming weekend my mother in-law actually has a Santa come down a chimney for her grandkids (and nieces and nephews).  Pure magic.

Yes, it's likely that my kids won't remember this particular year of Santa activities, but I am sure you can agree that passing on them is silly.

And so although it is unlikely I'll survive this holiday season completely unscathed, I am choosing to move forward.  I will do most all of my shopping online.  I will go to sleep early often sometimes.  I will do it all with a smile and extra coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom