My Best Friend's Wedding

With the help of two troops of wonderful family Jerry and I left for the weekend to celebrate my beautiful friend's wedding day.  Off to Cape Cod we went while our children were showered with love, gifts, sleepover treats, adventures and cousin time.  After checking in with them a few dozen times, I made some time to have fun.  A lot of it.

If you put twelve of your closest high school friends in one house for a weekend there are a couple things that are guaranteed:

1.  You'll get no sleep.  I mean that.  One night I did not sleep.  The last time I did that was, well it was last year when John refused to sleep.  Let's just say it took me the whole week to recover.

2.  You end up reminiscing about the same memories you reminisce every time you see each other.  You also make a lot of promises about getting together again soon (let's make it actually happen).

3.  It's a good thing that snap chats disappear after 24 hours.  A real good thing.

4.  Politics don't mix with alcohol.  Ever.

5.  No matter how old you are, your friends still take your phone when you aren't looking and EMBARRASS themselves.

6.  Sometimes you end up hanging out with your parents, late night at the aft
er party.

7.  If you don't have to lug a million toys and bottles of sunblock then taking a walk on the beach in November is the best kind of beach day.


Comments

  1. Best friend’s wedding is really a very precious occasion and hope you had a great one. My cousin is planning 25th anniversary of her parents at one of the selective NYC wedding venues next month. She wants a grand celebration with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom