In the Moment

There's something just so cute about a little girl making a potion of dead leaves, grass and rose petals - isn't there?

You know when people say "it goes by so fast" and you want to say "I know" but you really don't.  You're in the thick of it and it doesn't feel like it goes by too fast.

Sometimes it feels like I am waiting, waiting, waiting for bedtime just to get a few minutes of quiet.

But then there are pictures like this -------> .  My daughter has pink in her hair, she plays pretend games for hours and just today I heard her explaining to her brother why standing while you're eating is dangerous.  Of course things go by fast since just two years ago she was in diapers and just learning to string along a sentence.  She barely had hair - now we go to the salon.

Then there's this guy.  We are spending our time finding new ways to get bumps and bruises (or bloody noses).  Not every dance party is safe - at least not in our house.  He is currently mastering the art of manipulation, but he's doing it with the cutest.face.ever.  Luckily he still wants to snuggle (all the time).  Something tells me at 15 he won't be like this.

So yes, please Dear God let me get to bedtime, but also, please, please God let me enjoy these ones in the moment.  



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mom...The Potty Flipped Over

Read Number 6.

Guest Post - They Won't Get It, They'll Think I'm an Awful Mom